Family Owned and Operated Since 1920
2002FSV purchases the assets of the Custom Coach Corporation and diversifies into premium bus conversions.
Kirwan Elmers founder of Custom Coach joins the Farber team (L-R): Ken Farber, Kirwan Elmers, Steve Farber
The specialty vehicle division moves into an 18,000 square foot manufacturing facility on the East side of Columbus, Ohio.
Trailer Show c. 1969 (L-R) Charles “Robby” Robinson, Don McPeek, Don Farber, Lantie King, A.P. Diles
“The Car of Tomorrow Here Today!” Farber awarded the franchise for the 1948 Tucker.
The Tucker was like no other auto previously produced. It featured many safety innovations, including the first pop out windshield, padded dash, passenger crash chamber, and a center headlight which turned with the steering wheel. Powered by a helicopter engine mounted in the rear and capable of sustained speeds of 120 mph.
Tucker #12 on display today at the La Porte County Historical Museum
Don Farber holds a copy of a Tucker promotional brochure and a photo of his father, N.C. Farber
Farber Motors at 879 North High Street in Columbus, Ohio
1920The Farber automotive story begins in 1920 with an authorized Ford and Lincoln Mercury franchise, located in Westerville, Ohio.
Full Page ad October 1922